Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly link up hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Every Tuesday they post a new prompt for a bookish Top 10 List. This week’s prompt is… Ten Books on my Spring TBR pile.
Since I’m trying to focus on reading books that I already own, I decided to look through my books and find a handful of books that I’m most looking forward to reading. My little nightstand shelf (made by my handy hubby) definitely didn’t reflect that list so I remedied that situation before taking the picture above.
The books that made the cut are:
- The Woman Who Died a Lot (Book 7 of Thursday Next series) by Jasper Fforde : a bookish fantasy series set in an alternate universe Britain.
- I Regret Nothing by Jen Lancaster : one of the latest memoirs by Jen Lancaster whom I adore in all things.
- Landline by Rainbow Rowell : I still haven’t read this one which is absurd because I love everything she writes. After this, I’ll need to read Carry On.
- Furiously Happy by Jenny Lawson (aka The Bloggess) : another memoir by one of my favorite bloggers. She’s got a morbid sense of humor but I love her so much.
- Stars Above (last book of The Lunar Chronicles) by Marissa Meyer : Have you noticed I’m obsessed?
- Atlantia by Ally Condie : I really liked her Matched series and this book about mermaid sisters has me super intrigued.
- The Status of All Things by Liz Fenton& Lisa Steinke : about a woman who discovers she can change her fate through online status updates
- The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han : so far I love everything I’ve read of hers so I’m looking forward to this sweet romance series.
Most of these titles are books by authors that I love so there isn’t a lot of branching out or unfamiliar faces. It’s also largely comprised of my usual genre suspects: celeb memoirs / blogger memoirs ; YA sweet romances / YA fantasy stories ; Contemporary Novels by Brilliant Women. Some are from a series I’m avidly following, some are stand alone novels. All look ridiculously good.
Two other books I anticipate reading (since that was only 8 titles and I can math sometimes):
- The Readers of Broken Wheel Recommend by Katarina Bivald : My book club will be discussing this title in April. I don’t own a copy (yet) so I wasn’t able to photograph it but I’m looking forward to reading and discussing this one. It’s compared to The Guernsey Literary and Potatoe Peel Pie Society which our group read and loved. This one sounds like it will be all about traveling to a new place and the people you encounter mixed with a healthy love of books and bookish people. Basically my kind of book.
- Balancing it All by Candace Cameron Bure : I’m on a celeb memoir kick that has been going on for you know seven or eight years now? But I’m a little bit picky. I want them to be funny or well written and preferably by someone I already love and admire. I downloaded this one onto my kindle recently when it was on sale which was exciting with Fuller House coming out recently as well (possibly the reason for the sale). I think all girls love DJ Tanner but I also love Candace in these cheesy Christmas movies she always seems to be starring in and the fact that she has time for all that while raising a family and seeming like a normal person? I look forward to reading about how she does in fact balance it all.
What books are on your TBR list right now?